Wednesday 25 May 2016

Kylie Jenner Lip Kit Review


Hey everyone,

About a month ago, I ordered a Kylie Lip Kit in the shade 'Koko K' and I've been using it for the past month and absolutely loving it so I thought I'd do a review on it for you!

Koko K is such a nice, pretty pinky nude shade, which is perfect for everyday wear. The lipkits come with a liquid lipstick and a lipliner, and they are only available from Kylie Cosmetics website. The lipkits are on sale for $29 USD which is around £20, however, shipping to the UK costs $14.95 which is around £10, so in total, you're paying around £30 for one lipkit. The delivery took around 2 weeks which is what I expected as they are a popular company to buy from and it was being delivered from America, but it was packaged very well and arrived safely. 


The shade that I bought was Koko K, it looks a lot lighter in the bottle and when you first put it on, however, when it dries on the lips it comes up a little darker. The formula of the lipkits is so nice, they take around two minutes to dry on your lips, and once they're on, they last so well. When I first used the lipkit I thought that it was a lot more liquidy than I expected, however, it works so well and creates such a nice matte finish. 

Lipkit in Koko K
Left: Liquid Lipstick, Right: Lipliner
The applicator of the liquid lipstick is a 'doe foot' applicator, which makes it really easy to apply it. The lipliner is a plastic material, which does make it a little harder to sharpen, which is a little annoying, however, the lipliner makes the liquid lipstick so much easy and nicer to apply, and it can be used with other lipsticks as well, or even on its own!


Overall, I really like this lipkit, I think that Kylie has really put a lot of thought into the making of it and thought about what the consumer wants, rather than just making money from it. I do also think that it is worth the money, however, if you are thinking of buying one, it might be better to see if a friend wants one as well so you can save on shipping and reduce the costs of the lipkit! The only major downside the lipkits have is that the shipping costs so much and they aren't available anywhere in the UK yet- however, I imagine that once her company starts getting bigger, they will branch out!


Let me know if you've got a Kylie Lipkit, or any of her other products, and what you think of them!

Soph xo

No comments:

Post a Comment