Wednesday 25 May 2016

Sleek Cream Contour Kit



Hello everyone!

I have been looking into buying the Anastasia Cream Contour Kit for about 2 months now, but I just can't bring myself to spend £40 on it when I haven't seen it in person! I therefore started doing some research into some cheaper cream contour kits and I discovered that Sleek Cosmetics had recently released some. 

The palettes are on sale for £10.99 at Boots and Superdrug, which I think is a bargain for a cream contour kit, especially if you just want to try out cream contouring (like me) before you splurge on a more expensive, high end palette. 



The contour kit that I bought is in the shade 'Light' as I'm fairly pale, and this has been a good match for my skin tones. The palette has quite a cool undertone to it which I really like as I feel that that suits my skin tone the best. Sleek do three shades of this palette- Light, Medium and Dark. 

The palette comes with 6 shades, including a yellow toned highlight shade, a pink toned highlight and a cool brown contour shade. Due to the fact that the palette has a variety of lighter colour shades, I think that it's perfect for a range of skin tones, as if you have yellow undertones you are able to use shade 1 to highlight, and if you have pink undertones, you are able to use shade 2 to highlight. 


All 6 of the shades have such a creamy formula (obviously), but what I mean is that they apply to the skin so nicely and blend so well. I would say that the lighter two shades are a little sheer, so you do have to build it up to really get the true effect of the highlight, however, as the shades get darker, they get a lot more opaque. 

The application of the product was a little strange at first as I'm not used to working with a cream product, however, after I had used this product a few times, I found out what the best tools are to use with it and what shades to put where etc... to get the perfect contour look.

Shades from left to right: 1 2 3 4 5 6

After trying out a few different methods to apply the product, I decided that the best way was to apply the product to your face with a brush (especially the contour shade to get a precise line) and then to blend it out with a beauty blender/sponge. This leaves you with the product exactly where you want it, rather than it being all over your face, like I found happened if you apply it initially with a beauty blender!

The kit comes with a little piece of paper that instructs you where to put each shade which is useful, however, I personally didn't use every single shade on my face as I feel that it can take a lot of time and it often isn't necessary.


Overall, I would definitely recommend this product if you're looking for a cream contour palette, it blends amazingly and the contour shade (shade 6) is such a nice cool toned contour shade which creates such a natural contour. I would recommend to set the contour and highlight in place, which will make it more intense and make it last a lot longer, however, once its in place it lasts all day!


Let me know your opinions on this product if you've tried it out for yourself :)

Soph xo  



No comments:

Post a Comment